Do you have small wrists? For example, a circumference of 4 and 3/4? That’s pretty small for most watches made today. Quite a few women have this complaint especially if they want to wear the military or field type watches.
What they are finding is that their wrists are too small for the military type watches. The complaint is that the face of the timepiece hangs over their wrist or basically looks like a platter overshadowing a saucer where there is nothing showing, but the watch face. This is not very appealing and it can be rather difficult to conceal it.
Some women have taken to wearing kids’ watches to compensate for not being able to find watches that will accommodate their small wrists.
When asked this question regarding what watches are suggested that would fit the smaller wrists, most watch enthusiasts had some great suggestions, but also understood that the consumer may still have to put up with the fact the watch may be larger than they want, but won’t be an issue to where it may become unsightly or too heavy for the wrist.
Some women have complained that since they have become adults they are not very interested in wearing kids watches, but rather have a watch in the adult class that fit their needs. The features they are looking for include:
- women’s style watch
- thin band about 1 cm in width (So the watch will be in proportionate to their wrists)
- metal or chain band
- most importantly, it should have a small watch face
This shouldn’t be hard to find, but have you noticed that the watch faces are getting larger and not smaller? Some of the watches suggested for women with small wrists include the following:
- JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) the suggestion is made because the watches may be smaller because of the slight build of the consumers.
- Vendors: Seiko, Citizen, Timex, Orient and Archimede all known for making smaller size watches for various wrist sizes.
- Vintage watches that were made earlier (i.e., Gruen or Timex electric), but now could be picked up considerable less and then refurbished which may cost a little bit more.
- Any tough watches will also build a watch to specifications and needs.
Although, today’s popular watches may not have the one for your needs, there are other alternatives and choices. Despite having small wrists there is a military or field watch available for you. Keep in mind that a small watch face means readability may become a factor because numbers, etc. may be too small to distinguish.